Service Transition (Deploy) at ITS:
Once Service Design is complete, this phase moves the offering from design into production. The following steps are all necessary and can be worked on in parallel.
1. Engage the ITS Organizational Change Management team for help with the marketing of your services.
2. Write and publish your “General Service Overview” Knowledge Base article (duplicate KB0020463)
3. Train the group that provides Tier 1 support for the service offering.
4. Work with the ITS Web Team to publish your service page.
5. Consult with the Service Management team to see if a ServiceNow custom structured request form is appropriate for your offering.
According to ITIL
Service transition ensures that new, modified or retired services meet the expectations of the business as documented in the service strategy and service design stages of the lifecycle. Service transition includes the following processes: transition planning and support, change management, service asset and configuration management, release and deployment management, service validation and testing, change evaluation, and knowledge management. Although these processes are associated with service transition, most processes have activities that take place across multiple stages of the service lifecycle.