What Is a Lunch & Learn?
Lunch & Learns are informal talks in which ITS staff share knowledge and expertise on topics of interest to the information technology community at Yale. Topics are less technical than Tech Talks, and can include areas of personal interest such as work-life issues and hobbies.
Why Consider Presenting?
Besides impressing your colleagues, sharpening your public speaking skills, and building your CV, give a Lunch & Learn will allow you to:
- Share information, insight, and advice
- Explore common issues and ideas with a group
- Promote your community of practice or other group
- Share your interests and hobbies
- Offer your understanding of your area of expertise, knowledge and experience
How to Propose a Lunch & Learn
Interested? The next step is to submit a proposal using ServiceNow. Here’s how:
- Go to http://yale.service-now.com
- Create a New Incident (it will converts to a request automatically and route to the correct Assignment Group once you have provided the correct Business Service (ITS Strategy & Management > Staff Development > Staff Training and Events) and Category (Scheduling & Support).
- Once converted to a request, use the short and long descriptions to tell us about the topic that you’d like to share. Be sure to specific that you would are proposing a Lunch & Learn. Include a range of dates on which you or your speaker are available to present, and whether or not you would like to broadcast and/or record the talk.
- Click the Order Now button and you are done. You will be contacted to finalize the details.