Upgrades to services should be communicated and carried out in a coordinated way. If you are working with the Organization Change Management team, your change advisor will help with planning.
- Create a (Excel format) (Excel format). Allow ample time for communications and tasks and activities to be performed.
- Plan and execute documentation changes, including knowledge base articles, website pages (e.g. Service page, FAQ, how-to, etc.), and/or policies that need to be updated.
- Visit the Organization Change Management website to access change management self-service resources and checklists
- Identify technical interdependencies with other systems that may need to be addressed and meet with appropriate teams to plan an alternate solution. Communicate to other areas within ITS that may be impacted, including the ITS Help Desk and DSPs.
- If the change needs to be brought to the attention of the business community, (e.g. Lead Administrators, Operations Managers and/or the business community), contact Organization Change Management for guidance.
- Post outages on the ITS System Status page.
- Send targeted email to appropriate audiences.