A Service Offering Manager or Technical Manager may request a communication be sent to affected individuals when there is an expected outage to a service. In some cases, a posting on the ITS System Status page may be sufficient.
Affected audiences must be notified in a timely manner. Notification should be sent to impacted clients at least 3-5 days prior to the outage.
- If the outage is seamless and there is no impact to users, it is not necessary to send email or post to the ITS Status Page unless otherwise advised by the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Target your email to only be sent to affected users - copy IT Partners and Support Providers.
- Send request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words TARGETED EMAIL MESSAGE REQUEST in the subject of the message.
- Provide suggested language (use templates), audience, who the message is coming from, and the ServiceNow Change Ticket number.
- If no targeted user list exists in Message III, provide email address or netID list of users - one address per line - no extra spaces or characters.