The ITS System Status page (http://its.yale.edu/system-status) is available to the Yale community to view active incidents or upcoming maintenance. CAS authentication is required to view postings.
When there is an impactful outage to a service that may last for an unknown or extended amount of time, post known details to the status page. If an outage is expected to be brief or the event occurs outside of normal business hours and may not be noticed, do not post unless necessary.
To post an UNPLANNED or URGENT planned outage to the ITS Status Page:
- Send email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words UNPLANNED or URGENT Planned in the subject of the message request so we may easily identify the type of request.
The email alias email@example.com reaches a team of people - Campus Communications, ITS Help Desk and the Data Center - which ensures that these central points of contact are getting the same information.
- Follow up with a call to the ITS Data Center 203-432-6506.
- Please provide (removed) contact information to the Data Center for the specific incident and confirm the wording of the posting.
- Send updates to firstname.lastname@example.org. For critical events, Operations will contact the event owner for information to update the Status Page.
- The web address of the System Status Page is http://its.yale.edu/system-status
For planned outages and/or requests for targeted email to be sent:
- Send email request to email@example.com and include the word PLANNED, UNPLANNED or URGENT in the subject of the message request so we may easily identify the type of request (message will be sent/posted ASAP or within 48 hours).
- For emergency requests, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and call the ITS Data Center 203-432-6506.