What is Microsoft IT Academy (ITA)?
Microsoft IT Academy (ITA) is a full curriculum for teaching Microsoft technology courses and online learning tools to help staff achieve and maintain success. Yale has a campus-wide license to access this collection.
With the ITA program, academic institutions and their educators, students and staff get digital curriculum and certifications for fundamental technology skills – as well as courses critical for students to be successful in today’s technologically evolving world.
ITA enables training not only on fundamental technology skills but also technical courses for individuals who are interested in improving existing skills or pursuing IT career roles.
- Productivity. Help individuals learn to be productive using Microsoft Office and other software tools for a wide range of jobs and other life pursuits.
- Computer science. Prepare individuals for college and career roles in software and app development.
- IT infrastructure. Provide the core technical skills required to build a sustainable technology career managing infrastructure for cloud, clients, devices databases, and Office 365.
Who can use it?
Staff in IT roles campus-wide
How do I Access it?
Register to access these courses by following instructions below.
Yale IT Staff Access Instructions for Microsoft IT Academy:
To gain initial access to the Microsoft® E-Learning courses, please follow the steps below:
2. Input your multi-use access code. This code differs by category of training, please select a category code from list below:
(The codes are case-sensitive)
3. You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live™ ID. (This is the user name and password you use to access the site each time you log on.) If you already have a profile on microsoft.com, use that Windows Live ID.
4. You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration.
5. From the confirmation e-mail, click the link to complete the e-mail confirmation and activate your courses.
6. You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID, once again.
7. A confirmation page appears indicating that the access code has been accepted (or you may receive an error message if the code was not accepted).
8. Click the My Learning link to see list of available courses.
9. Click a course title to launch the offering. You have 12 months from the time of launch to finish that course.
To access your course at any time, please follow these steps:
1. Go to: https://onlinelearning.microsoft.com/.
2. Click the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner of the page.
3. Sign in to Windows Live using your Windows Live ID and password.
4. Click the My Learning Catalog link on the left side of the page under Customer Login.
5. Begin your E-Learning course.
If you have any questions regarding your access code, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a list of support phone numbers, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/ and click the Support/Feedback link.
If you experience any problems with your E-Learning training, please contact the regional support center in your region at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx.
We trust you will enjoy this benefit and look forward to your participation. Please note that the access code we have received from Microsoft can accommodate a limited number of users from our organization. Do not share the code with unauthorized users. This is not permitted under our license agreement with Microsoft.